fbpx Skip to content

Conversion Program

Converting your ICAO pilot license to EASA

Although you may do your professional flight training outside an EASA state, your professional pilot plans may include working in another country. When you earn your commercial pilot license (CPL) here in for example the U.S., you have met the basic requirements that have been agreed upon internationally by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). However, you will need to convert your CPL to meet the requirements of other countries. One of the most common for our students is EASA: the European Aviation Safety Agency.

Here we have provided the most current and comprehensive overview to help you in the process. We do, however, strongly urge you to contact a country’s Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) directly to make sure they have not altered their requirements.

What is EASA?

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is an agency of the European Union. EASA holds responsibility for all civil aviation safety. This means they oversee certification, regulation, and standardization of pilot credentials and aircraft airworthiness. EASA also conducts investigations and monitors safety procedures and regulations.

What countries require EASA conversion?

The 28 member states in the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cypress, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom) and the 4 member states of the European Free Trade Association (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland) abide by EASAs standards require pilots to meet EASAs standards. The CAAs in these countries accept your ICAO training, but there are a few requirements you must meet. 

These include the following:

We encourage you to do your research ahead of time before beginning the EASA conversion process. Learn about specific airlines hiring requirements. Find out about the country where you want to fly. Read their online reviews from other pilots. Ask other pilots. Taking the time to research ahead of time can save you time, money, and a lot of trouble. Brics Aviation wish you many happy hours flying in the country of your choice!

Ready for takeoff?

Please be aware that stated amount of hours and prices apply to the minimum mandatory required flight training and may be subject to change depending on trainees performance. For non-commercial training we add 23% of VAT.

Note* NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE: Please note that according to the EASA FCL.710 of the Part-FCL Regulation EC 1178/2011 a familiarisation flight is required. This is in order to extend the privileges to another variant of the aeroplane within the same class rating. This flight is not included in the package price and consists of a 1 hour flight according below price list.This also applies to the Night Rating which requires a flight of 1h 20min due to the aeroplane insurance policy. These prices include instruction, briefing, de- briefing, ground school, aircraft rental, organisation of the skill test, landing fees, CAA fees and Examiner fees.

There are no hidden fees!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.